TIPS / What you should & shouldn't say in your business Instagram bio
Your Instagram bio is the first thing a potential new follower looks at to determine what your business is and does. Instagram only allows you to use a maximum of 250 characters, meaning space is limited and you need to really think about what to include.
What not to include:
- What your favourite food or pet is (eg. coffee and cat lover). At the end of the day, this will not help convert the person viewing your profile into a follower. A sentence like that is irrelevant (unless you have a coffee or cat related business)!
- Special fonts from font apps. I know it might look cool, but special fonts in your bio make it harder for people to read, especially if they are cursive or bold fonts.
What to include:
- What product or service your business provides
- Where you are located if relevant
- Your opening hours if relevant
- Tell people how they can access your products if you sell them online
- Offer a promotion or sign up code if relevant '
- A few emojis to add some pops of colour
- Contact details such as your customer service email address
- Provide all of your information in an orderly and easy to read structure, such as dot points (you can use emojis instead of dot points)
You will be unable to fit everything we have suggested into your bio, but pick the most relevant information and apply it to your business.
We hope this helps!